The choir of St. Joseph of Arimathea AU Society will be singing at Ss. Peter and Paul Cathedral’s Pentecost concert. Our program includes:
- Ave Maris Stella – Guillaume Dufay
- O Lord, the Maker – William Mundy
- O Sacrum Convivium – Olivier Messiaen
- O God, Thou Art My God – Henry Purcell
- In te Domine speravi – Josquin Desprez
- Ride On, King Jesus – Traditional Spiritual arranged by Luke Reese
- Veni Creator Spiritus (in English translation) set to Anglican Chants by R. Woodward & Robert Cooke.
Here’s the notice on the Archdiocesan website:
The Multicultural Ministry Office and Commission will hold its annual Pentecost Choir Concert on Sunday, May 19, at SS. Peter & Paul Cathedral from 2:00 until 4:00 pm. It is very appropriate that on this day when the Church celebrates the coming of the Holy Spirit that enabled people from various nations to hear and understand the marvels of God, we come together to hear the marvels of God sung in the various languages of people throughout the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. This year we will hear from: the African Catholic Ministry Choir, the Vietnamese Apostolate Choir, the Holy Rosary Church Choir (singing in English, Italian and Latin) [that’s us!], the Filipino Choir, and the Latino Choir from St. Anthony Church. Admission to the concert is free. Link
We hope to see you there.
Our performance was a great success! We had a very warm welcome and lots of applause from the nearly 200 people in attendance. Here are a few photos of the occasion – thanks Joe!